It's simple - soak and seal. Wet wrapping is when you soak the skin in water, then seal with a moisturizer and damp clothing to hydrate the skin for an extended period of time. Here's how to do it in 6 easy steps!
- Soak in lukewarm bath water for 15-20 minutes. No soap!
- Towel dry and seal the skin with a natural eczema cream.
- Dampen some wet wraps and cover the skin.
- Cover with our selection of Remedywear™ clothing for eczema that is made with TENCEL and embedded-zinc fibers.
- Leave the clothing on for a minimum of two hours up to overnight (as long as the damp layer stays damp.)
- Remove the clothing and moisturize the skin again.
This whole process can be repeated 2-3 times per day for a few days.
Nothing provides quick eczema relief like wet wrap therapy! Wet wrapping also works well for psoriasis, allergic contact dermatitis, and dermatomyositis. Another great option is dry wrapping - give it a try.
For long term healing, please read our tips in How to Get Rid of Eczema Naturally.
Please note: No steroids or medications of any kind should be used when wet wrapping unless recommended by your physician.